Sunday, March 20, 2011

MOVIES I'VE WATCHED SINCE THE EARTHQUAKE.

KICK-ASS RECOMMENDED!!!

THE EXPENDABLES-RECOMMENDED!!!

BROOKLYN'S FINEST- NOT RECOMMENDED....pretty bad.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED- Kind of depressing..Not really recommended..
(japanese title: trouble in hollywood)

The Spy Next Door (Japanese title: double agent or something)
Cheesy but it's just another Jackie Chan Movie

GUESS WHO- SOO Funny!
(actually I had ryota watch this before we went to LA to meet my parents..hehe)

DOWN WITH LOVE
Nice fashion..Kind of cheesy but it's Ewan Mcgregor..(LOVE!)

OPEN SEASON
Funny..good for kids.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that it's been quite an unproductive week and a half for me since the earthquake. With meetings and lessons postponed...emails and phone calls to touch base about certain projects in the works unreturned...it left me feeling a little helpless...I know I should have taken more of an initiative to put together a fundraiser or something, to somehow try and help those in the North, but my team wasn't all here... Tho I donated money to various organizations and am currently supporting Q-POT'S peace band, I know there is more I should be doing... But what could I do? I researched various organizations online to see if I can help out but I didn't know about them very well...I didn't know which one I could trust....Just today I found out that the Japan Red Cross PayPal account was a scam!? OMG...

Every time I went outside, I stayed near my house..either around Daikanyama or Nakameguro. Yesterday, I went shopping in Shibuya a little bit (to try and help the economy), met a friend for lunch back in Daikanyama & walked around Nakameguro. In the end, there were limited things to do because I didn't want to do anything that required unnecessary use of electricity. A lot of my friends were out of town...and not many people who were actually in town, could meet up. In order to fill my time, I've cleaned my entire house (more than once) and have been making frequent visits to Tsutaya and renting anything that caught my eye. I've caught up on all my favorite TV dramas as well. Today is actually an officially holiday in JAPAN and many people should be returning to Tokyo to start work tomorrow. I'm so excited for this. I have a full day of meetings tomorrow. I can't wait to start seeing familiar faces again. I can't wait to see my friends again. I can't wait for parties and events to start happening again...Are any of you in Tokyo feeling like this? Feeling kinda of helpless? This pattern if definately not good for me..I need to be more active..but what can I do?! I want to do more than just donate money...Anyway...I know Japan will come back stronger than ever after this crisis..and I will be super duper busy again. Hang in there Japan..I'm not giving up on you.

ほよよ〜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...